Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Modane, France

When in France, ski in the Alps. No experience necessary...sort of. I've only skied twice before last weekend  and I at least managed not to fall off the mountain. Modane is located in south-eastern France, very close to both Italy and Switzerland. 


Skiing was fantastic, but to be honest, I enjoyed the train ride just as much (which is good, because we spent close to 20 hours in transit last weekend). My life has always been go-go-go. Go to class, go to track, go to a meeting, go to the library, GO somewhere and get something done. On a train however, there is nowhere to go. I can't put into words how relieving it feels to actually kick back and enjoy the ride. I can sleep, listen to music, read, do homework, or just look out the window.  Also, some of the best conversations I've had are on trains--whether it be about life goals, zombie attacks, or work and study experiences. A good friend at CMU once asked me what I want most out of life, and I responded that I want to witness and appreciate the beauty in everything. I think a train platform makes a wonderful starting place.

No comments:

Post a Comment