Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Note About my Title

My first morning in Metz, I went out to breakfast with some other students. We ordered meals by pointing at our selections because when we tried to pronounce the words, our waitress could not understand what we were saying. Next, as photo-happy Americans love to do, we pulled out our cameras to document out first real French meal. The boy taking the picture stands up, moves to the end of the table, and says..."Say Fromage!!!" or as we would say in the US, "Say Cheese!" Absolutely brilliant. I laughed for 15 minutes straight. Linguistics are goofy. I don't think I ever thought about cheese in the literal sense when posing for a picture before, but when you think about  it in that way, the phrase is absolutely ridiculous. So "Say Fromage" is now the title of my blog....because for the next 4 months, I plan on taking loads of pictures, laughing, and eating nothing but cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment