Blog Archive

Sunday, March 13, 2011

I'm in love

with French pasteries. Just one actually...it's called millefeuille and its my favorite : D  (The name literally  translates to "one thousand layers") I think I have eaten 5 in the last 3 days. The  bottom part is layered pastry sheets with a custard  filling and the top is covered with super-sweet icing. Delicious. I think that will be my lunch again today. My friend Guillaume promised he would try and make one soon....I told him he has to learn so he can teach me.

The love of my life....millefeuille

Guillaume is an awesome cook. I usually do homework while he cooks and then eat the awesomeness when it's done, but occasionally I watch and take notes (he won't let me help). I tried to recreate some kind of potato thing that he made for me once but I failed miserably--so last night I asked him to make it again, and I found out that I was missing a key ingredient. Duck fat. He cooks in duck fat like my dad cooks in bacon grease. There you have it, the secret to French cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment