Blog Archive

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Munich, Germany

At times when I am feeling particularly antisocial (this entire trip), I walk behind the crowd I am with. Josh told me when he turns around, it looks like I am listening to music because of how I sway and walk to an off-beat. Apparently, I groove to my thoughts as I walk. In other news, I am proud to say that I was a very good tourist in Munich..... I visited a concentration camp and did a walking tour of the city BEFORE I found a park to play in : )

A mime proposing to me on the streets of Munich

At one point during the tour, we passed a street cellist playing beneath an archway. Josh must have noticed something on my face because he did 2 things right away: 1. Told Martin (another student traveling with us) to continue on the tour without us and 2. Brought me coffee. Josh knows me too well. He watched without a word as I slid down the wall and closed my eyes. The sound was absolutely incredible. I wish I could have captured it in my coffee cup and saved it for a bad day. The rest of the trip was great, but not in comparison to the two hour I spent sitting on a cold sidewalk listening to my favorite instrument.

No comments:

Post a Comment