Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Beautiful Disaster

Most of what I wrote in my blog was about traveling and not sleeping (thanks to my top-notch procrastination skills). Obviously there is more to my study-abroad experience than travel and work, but it isn't really my style to discuss my struggles and triumphs on the web. I think I would be doing both myself and my family an injustice, however, to wrap up my experience with something like..."Traveling was awesome! I saw loads and learned loads more! School was school. I didn't work as often as I usually do, but I worked just as hard so all ended well."

Accurate...but lame.

The truth is, the past four months were a wonderful mess. I failed more than I succeeded, I found my ambitions to be limited by my abilities, I  struggled to keep my self esteem intact, and I met people who turned my world upside down....and then blew it up. Fantastic.

I have one day left in Europe and I will be spending it in Paris, reading a book in front of the Eiffel Tower. I'm tired, and as much as I hate to admit it, ready to come home. I have much more to write about my semester (more for my own sake than anyone else's), but I will save it for tomorrow evening....I still have to pack. Surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment